Here are my top 5 tips to feeling fresh on a morning.
1. Stop pressing snooze. Yes your tired but an extra 5 minutes sleep is only going to make you more tired and late. Pressing snooze is literally the worst thing you could do and it’s a terrible way to start the day. When the alarm goes just get up. Again I use an alarm clock that wakes you up gradually using light so I normal wake up naturally before my alarm goes of which is great.
2. Drink a glass of ice cold water as soon as you wake up. I’ll fill a pint glass with crushed ice before I go to sleep and by the time I wake up in the morning it’s ice cold water. This will kick start your body and make you feel awake quicker.
3. Be prepared. Get everything you need sorted the night before so you don’t have to rush around on the morning. It’s less stressful and it will give you more time to do other things.
4. Breath or meditate. Take time you get your mind in a good place before you start the day. I personally listen to a motivation/meditation tape first thing to get myself in a positive, relaxed and motivated frame of mind.
5. Exercise. Shock! Exercise is an awesome way to set yourself up for the day. It gets you up active and you’ll probably find you have more energy throughout the day.
Change is never easy but neither is being constantly tired and awake half the night. It might take a while for you to adapt to these changes but if you do it will only serve to improve your life, health and mental wellbeing.